See below for international policy.
To apply to the Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences program—through the standard admission process or by proving your way in—you must submit transcripts of your academic work by uploading copies of unofficial transcripts through the online application system. Transcripts from each post-secondary school attended, regardless of age of transcript, number of courses taken, or grade received must be submitted. We accept file formats .doc, .xls, .pdf and.txt. Applicants are strongly encouraged to upload a copy of their official transcript, along with the transcript key/legend. Grade or advising reports are acceptable only if the transcript is not available.
If you are offered admission, you will be required to provide official final transcripts of all previous academic work to verify the information provided.
In order for a transcript to be considered official, we require one of the following:
- Original hard copy mailed to Penn LPS Online directly from the issuing institution in a sealed envelope bearing the institution's stamp or seal.
- Emailed transcript from official electronic delivery service. Please note: Official transcripts must be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. If there is no option to select The College of Liberal and Professional Studies at the University of Pennsylvania, you must check "other" or "alternate" and enter the email address above. Transcripts sent to a University of Pennsylvania address without specifying "College of Liberal and Professional Studies" will not be accessible to Penn LPS Online.
- The following will not be considered official: photocopies, opened or unsealed envelopes, transcripts mailed or emailed from the applicant/student, and transcripts sent via fax.
You must show your original school record for your coursework; transfer credits as indicated on another school’s transcript are not accepted. In addition, you are required to submit official transcripts from each school you have previously attended or are currently attending, regardless of age of transcript, number of courses taken, or grade received. Many schools take a number of weeks to fulfill transcript requests, so please plan accordingly.
Offers of admission are not binding until academic records are verified. If there are discrepancies between the self-reported academic work and official records, the offer of admission will be revoked. The school grading scale or other standards of evaluation, including minimum passing and failing marks and the definition of grades between them, should appear on official records or be provided as an attachment. You will be unable to register for courses until your final official transcript has arrived in our office.
Official transcripts should be sent to the following address:
College of Liberal and Professional Studies Admissions
3440 Market Street, Suite 100
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3335
International transcript (academic record) policy
Official transcripts are required from each international institution attended in order to complete the application. If transcripts and diplomas are not issued in English by the institution, both the official record and an authorized English translation must be submitted. All translations should be complete and literal renditions of the original record. Records should show the following information:
- Dates of enrollment
- Courses taken
- Units of credit or time allotted to each subject during each term or year
- Marks or ratings in each subject
- Degree earned and date awarded (if this is not listed on transcript, official degree certificate is also required)
The school grading scale or other standards of evaluation, including minimum passing and failing marks and definition of grades between them, should appear on official records or be provided as an attachment.
Records issued only once by institutions should be photocopied and certified as official copies either by school officials or legal authorities such as embassies or notaries public. These documents should be sent to us in a sealed (unopened) and stamped envelope. Please do not send the original of an academic record that cannot be replaced.